Clinical Care Coordinator
Your Dedicated Cancer Care Specialist & Nurse Navigator
When you or your family member is referred for additional testing regarding suspected cancers or if you recently received a diagnosis of cancer, the feeling can be overwhelming. Suddenly you’re facing a daunting array of decisions, diagnostic testing, medical specialists, and unfamiliar terminology.
That’s why we created our innovative Clinical Care Coordinator program. Our experienced Cancer Care Specialist is trained in the complex field of care coordination in the pre and post diagnosis areas of oncology care. Your representative is available to support you through every step of the process from pre-diagnosis to diagnosis, treatment options, and on into survivorship.
During each phase of care, we will be there to provide:
- Education on both pre and post-diagnosis
- Scheduling for your diagnostic and physician appointments
- Education on all treatment options
- Help in discerning your tests and results
- Communication with your medical providers
- Support, encouragement, and friendship
Your Clinical Care Coordinator is your trusted source for answers during this difficult time in your life. We are here to help you navigate the complex medical system and to make your journey easier through coordinated efforts with top specialists around North Texas.
Your Dedicated Cancer Specialist Can:
- Coordinate and schedule your appointments for Diagnostic testing & physician consultations
- Help you and your family understand a diagnosis and ALL treatment options
- Ensure that you have the information that you need to actively participate in your own care. Thus, empowering you to make very informed decisions based on your treatment options
- Coordinate your care with your medical team to relieve the emotional burden that comes with a cancer diagnosis
- Enhance your communication with your physicians and other care providers
- Ensure that your questions, concerns, and clinical issues are successfully resolved
- Advocate for you and serve as a clinically effective friend who is committed to helping you through your cancer journey
“Cancer can be a scary word. I’m proud that I can alleviate anxiety and really help my patients through their journey”
Dyan has spent the past five years with Texas Health Physicians Group as a Nurse Navigator where she assisted patients through their cancer journey. She was very helpful and instrumental in teaching patients about their related diagnosis, scheduling patient appointments, educating patients and preparing them for upcoming tests, directing patients to counseling, as needed, and nurturing patients through their entire cancer journey and survivorship plan. Dyan routinely attends appointments to better understand how to assist each patient’s needs and advocates for her patients at each and every step.
Dyan is a licensed vocational nurse and has over 31 years of experience in the nursing field in various settings. She spent 16 years working in a hospital environment, 11 years working in an OB/Gyn’s office, and 4 years as a community based nurse.
Dyan is an experienced veteran and cancer specialist. She lives in Plano with her husband of 29 years. She has two children, two grandson’s, and two dogs. In her free time she loves to work out and spend time outdoors. She is active with her church and volunteers at Minnie food pantry on a regular basis.
Contact Us Today!
For more information or to contact our Clinical Care Coordinators, please call (214) 537.1595 or fax: (972) 476.1203