Dr. Dabney is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and serves on the Clinical Practice guidelines committee (CPGC) and Multi-site guidelines committee. She is also a member of American Society of Hematology.
Raetasha Dabney, MD is board certified in hematology, medical oncology and internal medicine. Her focus is in all solid tumors and malignant hematology. Hematology and Oncology are the areas of medicine dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and research of blood disorders (hematology) and cancers (oncology). Dr. Dabney earned her bachelor’s degree in Biology at Prairie View A&M University in Prairie View, Texas. She finished her medical training at University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas.
Dr. Dabney completed her residency in internal medicine at Keesler Medical Center. She completed post graduate fellowship training in hematology/oncology at San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium Program (SAUSHEC).
Dr. Dabney is also a Flight Surgeon in the US Air Force, Air National Guard.
Dr. Dabney is from Farmersville, TX. Born and raised right here in Texas, she is committed to making a difference in her community. She is happily married with two beautiful daughters. In her free time she enjoys reading, sports, and traveling.
– Medical Director Hematology/Oncology Clinic, Keesler Medical Center, Keesler AFB, MS (10/2013-06/2018)
– Staff Internal Medicine Physician, Keesler Medical Center, Keesler AFB, MS (10/2013-06/2018)
– Physician liaison to Commission on Cancer (10/2013-06/2018)
– Hematology/Oncology Curriculum Chief to Internal Medicine Program (03/2015-06/2018)
– USAF Health Professions Scholarship 2003-2007
Military Service and Training
– 2007-Present, US Air Force Medical Corps Officer, Lt. Col.
– American Society of Hematology (ASH), Member
– American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), Member
– ASCO Practice Guidelines Implementation Network (PGIN) Representative, (September 2017-present)
– ASCO Clinical Practice Guidelines Committee (CPGC), (September 2017-present)
– ASCO Multi-Site Guideline Advisory Group (GAG), (December 2017-Present)
– Clinical Competency Committee, Keesler Medical Center, March 2015-June 2018
– Internal Medicine Core Facility, Keesler Medical Center, May 2016-June 2018
– Hematology Oncology Fellowship Curriculum, SAUSHEC, 2011-2012
– Hematology Oncology Competency Committee, SAUSHEC, 2011-2012
Raetasha. S. Dabney, MD, Mustapha Khalife, MD, Kamran Shahid, MD, Alexandria T. Phan, MD. Molecular Pathways and Targeted Therapy in Cholangiocarcinoma. Clinical Advances in Hematology & Oncology. November 2019. Vol17, Issue 11.
Kamran Shahid, Mustapha Khalife, Raetasha Dabney, Alexandria T. Phan. Immunotherapy and targeted therapy-the new roadmap in cancer treatment. Annals of Translational Medicine. October 2019; 7(20): 595
Mustapha Khalife, MD, Kamran Shahid, MD, Raetasha. S. Dabney, MD, Alexandria T. Phan, MD. Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy and Immunology. Clinical Advances in Hematology & Oncology. September 2019. Vol 17, Issue 9.
De Haas V, Ismaila N, Advani A, Arber DA, Dabney R, Patel-Donelly D, Kitlas E, Rieters R, Pui C-H, Sweet K and Zhang L: Initial Diagnostic Work-Up of Acute Leukemia: ASCO Clinical Practice Guideline Endorsement of the College of American Pathologists and American Society of Hematology Guideline. Journal of Clinical Oncology. doi: 10.1200/JCO.18.01468 [Epub ahead of print]. 2018
Raetasha Dabney, Ryan Devine, Nancy Sine, Benjamin George. New agents in renal cell carcinoma. Target Oncology 2014.
David T. Lynch, Raetasha S. Dabney, Jared M. Andrews. Intraosseous hibernoma or unusual location of brown fat? J Hematopathol. Sept 2012.